Monday, June 9, 2008

God: Creator, Artist, Provider, Father



Psalms 8:1 O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! 2 From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. 3 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 4 what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? 5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: 7 all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, 8 the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. 9 O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Matthew 6:28 Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

Luke 11:11 "Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

Luke 11:9 "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.


I fail in so many ways. I am reminded again and again that when I am proud of myself, or in myself, I will soon be humbled. I am imperfect. Please do not rely on me to keep my promises. I promise myself things, only to be disappointed. My intentions are on what's best, but I fail and fall flat on my face. My point? I am human. I am selfish. I often times love myself more than I do others. My other point? I have a God that is perfect. He humbles the proud, and lifts up the humble. He says what He means, and keeps His promises. He is God, He is awesome, He is loving, He is good, He is all knowing, He is forever. He is righteous, holy, perfect, kind, long suffering.. .. . this could go on and on.

God is definitely a glorious God. As I was driving to work early the other morning, I witnessed a beautiful sunrise over the river. Awesome. God reminds us that He is still here. There is so much in my life that I don't do well. But I try very hard to give God the glory for His beautiful creation. When I think of all the wonderful, beautiful things that I've seen in my life, I recognize that God created that for me. I take it as a reminder that God is my creator, and if he spent the time to create a beautiful flower, or butterfly for my enjoyment, how much more enjoyment does He get out of watching me? When I watch nature, and understand that God has set his creation in motion, as I witness the butterfly going from flower to flower, I understand that His creation praises Him. After God created His creation, he stepped back and said, "It is good". But, the things of this life, we must realize are temporary. They are not lasting. In their season, they will fail. He created us in the same way. But I try and remember, that if He took the time to make something so beautiful for me to enjoy, how much more will he also take care of me. Thank you dear God, dear Father for your blessing of this life. Thank you for the blessing that I don't even realize you've blessed us with. More than that, although in my human-ness it's easier for me to thank you for these physical blessings, thank you also for your spiritual blessings that are found in your Son. Thank you for your way in which you made available for all to come to you.

Am I listening to what God is saying in His word?

1 comment:

  1. Great insight Paul and I am thankful to God as well for his wonderful mercies. Have a great weekend Brother.

    ReplyDelete