Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Nothing...



I have been at a loss for words for several days. I haven't been focused. I haven't been able to say what I feel, because I don't know what I feel right now. In just a few days, my wife and oldest son and myself will be taking a very long trip to Crownpoint, NM to share the gospel with some Navajo people. We've never been there, and we don't know what to expect. Also, this is so much out of my character, out of my comfort level that I'm completely beside myself. Or more accurately, not myself. I wrestle with my insecurities, and then knowing that I need to put my trust in God and let Him take control. I fear the unexpected and I dread the unknown. Yes, I feel Satan is having his way with me right now, and dropping little hints in my ear like, "what in the world did I sign up for", or "wow, I'm sure gonna miss my own bed".
Nothing. My mind is as blank as a deserted road. No one for miles and miles. Just me.
Dear God, I pray that you will fill me with your spirit. That you will be with us all on this trip we are about to take. That you will watch over us, and guide us, and show us that you are with us. Help to calm our nerves, and give us courage and strength to stand up to such a task as this. Bless our efforts. Reveal yourself to us and give us words to speak. Allow your Holy Spirit to work through us so that we might share your message of hope, joy and peace with others who do not know you. Help us to encourage those who do know you, who need encouraging. Allow them to encourage us and may we help to strengthen each other. Thank you for blessing those people who have already helped by supporting this trip. Bless us all and watch over us and may your kingdom continue to grow. In Jesus holy name, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Paul,

    Thank you for this post. I admire you and your family for taking this trip, and I will be praying for this effort. May you have a safe journey and find people receptive to the Gospel.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck buddy, You will have a blast out there.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul,

    That's exactly what God wants from you....to empty yourself so He can fill you. Sounds like you are in just the right place for His service. You will be blessed by this trip as God is revealed through your service.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete