Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby Feet



Feet are funny, feet are fat.
Some are White, Red, Tan, or Black.
Feet can run, and feet can jump,
Feet can smell just like a skunk.
Brand new feet are soft and cuddly,
Older feet are hard and crusty.
Brand new feet must walk on grass,
Older feet can walk on glass.
Oh, to have the feet of a child,
To be a youngster, meek and mild.
To put away my older habits,
And run and play like baby rabbits.
If I could make my feet brand new,
I’m sure my heart would soften too.
I’d rather not be old and calloused,
But young at heart, filled with softness.
When I can forget the wrongs to me,
And focus on the good in thee.
When I can realize that I’ve done wrong,
And my conscious will be loud and strong.
Give me a soft heart oh God,
And watch over me, wherever I trod.
Make my heart a useful tool,
And bless my tired worn out feet too.


At that time the disciples came to Jesus. They asked him, "Who is the most important person in the kingdom of heaven?" Jesus called a little child over to him. He had the child stand among them. Jesus said, "What I'm about to tell you is true. You need to change and become like little children. If you don't, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Anyone who becomes as free of pride as this child is the most important in the kingdom of heaven. "Anyone who welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. "But what if someone leads one of these little ones who believe in me to sin? If he does, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and be drowned at the bottom of the sea. - Matthew 18:1-6

People were bringing little children to Jesus. They wanted him to touch them. But the disciples told the people to stop. When Jesus saw this, he was angry. He said to his disciples, "Let the little children come to me. Don't keep them away. God's kingdom belongs to people like them. What I'm about to tell you is true. Anyone who will not receive God's kingdom like a little child will never enter it." Then he took the children in his arms. He put his hands on them and blessed them. - Mark 10:13-16
Am I listening to what God is saying in His Word?

1 comment:

  1. Good post Paul!
    We all need to guard against the "devil's proddings" of making ourselves "gate-keepers" to Christ, as though He needed our "protection" when all along He knows His purpose for coming was to "draw all men unto Him". Certainly, these "little children" would not ever think of preventing anyone from coming to Christ. The more, the merrier!

    Keep up the good work.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete